Saturday 27 December 2014



French Braid Updo

Hello Lovlies! So not too long ago my friend came over to watch a movie and she had her hair down. Now I would just like to take a moment to tell you of my love for her hair! It is roughly to her waist and SUPER thick. It's  a chestnut kind of colour, and it also has natural goldish highlights (which we sometimes joke about and I call her ginger hehe!)It is always so sleek and smooth with sight layers, so basically the perfect canvas. So naturally, of course I started playing with it and she happily agreed to be my model and ever so kindly allowed me to try out a new hairstyle I'd seen Ms. Tanya Burr wear. However, this is not an exact copy of what Tanya had created in her tutorial. Instead of having a chignon, as Kayleigh's hair was a bit longer to work with, I opted for a braided bun. 

Talk Through
1. Basically I began with a middle part and then took a piece from the front at one side, then did a regular french braid until I reached around her ear, where I then changed to a normal three strand braid.
2. Once I the braid reached the back of her head I tied it off with an elastic the same colour as her hair. 
3. I then repeated the same process on the other side of her head.
4. Once both my braids were complete, I moved them out of the way and tied the rest of her hair into a low ponytail at the back of her head.
5. After this I took both my plaits and crossed them over the bobble and pinned them underneath the ponytail to give a more polished look.
6. I then proceeded to do a three strand  braid in the ponytail as normal, and continued this as far down as possible. Then I tied it off with a clear elastic.
7. I then wrapped this plait around the top of my ponytail and pinned it in place. You can then pull bits of hair out atthe front and loosen up the braid with the tip of your comb to give a more effortless and casual look! This is the finished product!! :)



She's a bit camera shy so this is the best I could do! Sorry! I hope you liked this talk through and if you want then I can upload step by step pictures just leave me a comment and I will. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and spent time with your loved ones! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment