Thursday 9 April 2015

Tippie Top Thursday!

Well hello again lovlies! In the last few days I have been browsing around other beauty and lifestyle blogs just like my own, as when you're a blogger you quickly become obsessed with what's going on around in the blogosphere! Therefore you get inspiration for things to write on your own blog, because, let's be honest here, nobody is able to write original content all of the time! Anyway, that's where I discovered that many people write about their top 5 products or monthly/weekly favourites and so on. So I decided to make my own interpretation of this, which I am calling, 'Tippie Top Thursday'. In this feature I will write about my top three products that have made it, not only into my makeup bag, but the 'Tippie Top' of my makeup bag! (See what I did there?) I would just like to point out also that, this feature will not be every Thursday, as I have school and won't be wearing makeup as much or won't have time to blog every Thursday. But I promise I will do my. Very best to be consistent! So without further delay, as I've just noticed I seem to have rambled quite a bit for the past ten minutes, let's get into the post! 

Things I've been loving...


Essence long lasting eye pencil- "Hot Scorch"
Real Techniques Beauty Blender
Smashbox photo finish hydrating foundation primer

Essence long lasting eye pencil 


Since it's been quite hot Cork this past week (I know, miracle right?) I felt that, as much as I love my liquid liner, it was just too heavy for this kind of weather. As I was going out with friends and going on bike rides a lot I just wanted something natural, quick and easy to stick on my eyes so it looked like I spent some time on them, and this was perfect! I would simply apply this to my lash line and wing in out slightly, then smudge the line to give a softer look. I would then stick some in my waterline and I was good to go! It was so simple but looked really pretty, perfect for those hot spring days! Plus as an added bonus, it didn't slide around and stayed put perfectly all day.

Real Techniques beauty blender


The second thing I love an awful lot this week is, my beauty blender. I bought some new foundation last Saturday and was in a hurry to meet my friend on Monday morning, so to save time I decided to use this to apply my foundation instead of a foundation brush. I have to to admit, it was the best decision I've made in a long time regarding my makeup! It gave my foundation an even and flawless finish, and I simply loved it! I am now addicted to this little orange sponge! 

Smashbox photo finish hydrating foundation primer


As I said earlier, the weather was quite hot here in Cork this past week, and so whenever there's any sort of heat, my skin shrivels like a prune and becomes completely dry and splotchy. This makes applying foundation a rather difficult task, as it tends to go orange ond flaky in certain places. Unfortunately, although I do moisturise every morning and evening, sometimes this doesn't do much for my skin. However this primer has been quite the God send for me! When you apply it, it's rather light and spreads nicely all over the skin. It feels like water on your face and doesn't leave a clammy feel. I like to apply this after I've left my moisturiser soak in for 2 to 3 minutes and it makes foundation application so much easier. Flakiness is minimised and the foundation glides over your skin giving a really nice even finish! So I basically love this right now, and just can't get enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment